Operations Manager - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will provide overall supervision and management of the production operation and maintenance staff in a lean manufacturing and packaging environment. Using strategic methodology, contributes to the systematic and profitable operation of production operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Promotes a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility at all times.
- Supports all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Manages daily operations by providing leadership, focus, and direction to the operations team.
- Manages production and maintenance deliverables.
- Manages industrialization and successful launches for all new programs.
- Leads daily production meetings.
- Maximizes efficiency through the design and implementation of improved manufacturing strategies and allocating assets and resources to meet quality, safety, cost, delivery, volume, and productivity goals.
- Benchmarks and establishes performance metrics, collects, and reports results.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains department budget.
- Coordinates staff training and development by identifying and assisting employees with setting and attaining professional and strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Leads the implementation of a Six Sigma approach to problem solving methodology.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, and corporate policies, laws and regulations.
- Additional related duties and projects as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in operations, engineering or related technical field required, with advanced technical or business administration degree helpful. Five plus years’ experience in operations manufacturing management or a combination of education and experience that is likely to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES:
- Record of successful goal setting, achievement, employee engagement, and management.
- Strategic planner with qualitative solutions and quantifiable results.
- Demonstrated success in providing strategic direction in a rapidly growing organization.
- Experience managing, motivating, and leading a diverse workforce to achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive, strategic thinker with a record of contributing to the systematic and profitable operation of production operations.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More