Jr. Trademark Paralegal
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This entry-level Jr. Paralegal position will report directly to the Associate General Counsel, Trademarks in the Law dept. and will be a key member of Church & Dwight’s Trademarks team. This position will support day-to-day activities of the global trademarks of the company, including supporting the company’s domestic and international marketing teams and global licensing. Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing product labeling, marketing, and advertising material to ensure appropriate use of trademarks.
- Supporting prosecution and maintenance of foreign trademark applications and registrations, including coordination and notarization of signatures for documents, and arranging apostille and/or legalization as needed
- Providing intellectual property support to global stakeholders by preparing and disseminating IP reports.
- Assisting with e-billing and document management software, and assisting with projects that are large in scope and complexity, often involving very diverse areas of the law and many stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required;
- Experience working with databases (docketing management, billing, case management, etc.) preferred;
- Outstanding time-management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail;
- Interest in trademark law, advertising, or marketing; passion for Church & Dwight’s brands; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point) preferred
Additional Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Ability to develop effective working relationships cross-functionally
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a high-volume workload and work well under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Exercise excellent judgment and initiative, project management, and problem-solving skills to successfully drive projects to completion
- Flexibility to respond to multiple and often-changing priorities on a global level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and develop trusting relationships, using a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More