Sr. Global Toxicologist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for identifying safety issues and development of programs to ensure human safety of new ingredients and formulations across a diverse product portfolio worldwide, during various stages of product development, regulatory submissions, market introduction and post-market surveillance.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of all raw materials and finished products assessments for cosmetic, medical devices, OTC and personal care products
- Identify safety issues, and design and propose safety programs
- Complete toxicology review and evaluation of new formulations and ingredients for cosmetic, OTC and personal care products.
- Prepare safety assessments for consumer tests, regulatory submissions, and market introduction of new products.
- Collaborate with regulatory, quality, and with teams in Europe, North America, and around the globe to provide safety-related activities
- Use published guidance documents to support safety and risk assessments to meet regulatory requirements of U.S., Canadian and European regulations such as U.S. FDA & EPA, Health Canada, ECHA/REACH, OECD & ICH.
- Provide safety and clinical substantiation dossiers for claim substantiations
- Design safety and clinical tests for new ingredients and products at outside contract laboratories and academic sites.
- Review, interpret and communicate clinical safety and in vitro test results to key customers.
- Develop and review safety related statements on cosmetic and monographed product package labels.
- Assist Product Development teams across the globe in biological effects of ingredients and formulation technologies.
- Participate on external scientific committees and monitor and communicate external safety related activities that may impact the company business.
- Working knowledge of product stewardship/sustainability, environmental risk assessment and in vitro toxicology is a plus.
Education and Experience
PhD in toxicology from an accredited institution with 0-3 years of experience or Masters degree from an accredited institution with at least 5 years of experience in product safety assurance.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent oral and written communication and problem-solving skills, flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
Strong understanding of all products. Knowledge of dietary supplement and food safety would be a plus.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More