Sr. Research Chemist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Senior Research Chemist will work with other researchers and multidisciplinary project teams to solve problems using various analytical chemistry techniques. Work with Sr. Manager Applied Sciences and other Analytical, and Microbiology Leads to develop a 5- and 10-year plan to build C&D's Analytical/Microbiology capability delivering a roadmap to support innovation. The Senior Research Chemist will be able to interpret and communicate results to various product and process personnel. The Senior Research Chemist will also mentor other chemists and technicians in the department.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Must be able to independently carry out technical assignments, validate results, draw conclusions, and write technical summaries.
• Demonstrable experience in applying Analytical Chemistry techniques to solving real world problems is a must
• Assist product and process development groups in solving their technical problems using the results of appropriate analytical methodology
• Identify and develop new Analytical technologies and applications to resolve real world issues in development and manufacturing
• Develop new analytical techniques for the quantitation of analytes, develop method validation protocols.
• Assist product, process groups and manufacturing facilities troubleshoot product and process issues as they arise.
• Develop QC test methodology for manufacturing plants and copackers, develop and execute method transfer protocols
• Develop and validate analytical testing methods
• Works cross-functionally with R&D Formulation, Technology, Process, Quality and Manufacturing.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Chemistry or equivalent with 5+ years industrial/technical experience
- Experience working independently with various analytical instruments (GC, LC, GC/MS, LC/MS, FTIR, ICP, etc) in an industrial environment
- Experience working with Supply Chain to implement methodologies and to troubleshoot issues in Analytical problem-solving.
- Broad, hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation and analytical instrument troubleshooting.
- The ability to present data in a clear, concise manner to people across a variety of technical levels (Highly technical to lay person) is required.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in partnering with Product Development, Process Engineering, Claims and other cross functional partners necessary.
- Expertise in developing and implementing methodologies in Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry and Spectroscopy required
- Must be able to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to train other technical personnel in the department in the use of analytical instrumentation
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More