Sales Finance Summer Intern 2022
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to Sales Finance, the role of the Sales Finance Analyst (SFA) is to provide financial guidance to field and internal sales to ensure the accuracy / reasonableness of financial accruals and gross to net sales plans. The SFA will provide financial insights and facilitate key decisions related to revenue, profitability and ROI. The SFA will manage audit key controls around the THOR-TPM System in accordance of Trade Fund Management policy.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conduct Monthly Business Reviews meetings with cross-functional teams to discuss sales volume consensus and trade projections
- Assist manager with shipment versus consumption analysis, focused on assessing inventory trends and identifying potential markdown risks
- Assessment to deliver customer checkbooks assigned annual/quarterly quotas, identifying business risks & opportunities to ensure effective trade spend management
- Trade effectiveness measurement through Post Promotion Analysis (PPA). Analyze promotional events and make recommendations to drive optimal use of trade funds to deliver improved ROI
- Prepare/Analyze Customer P&Ls leveraging Cost-2-Serve Model to identify timely updates on key measures/drivers with insights for customer profitability improvement
- Monthly accrual & projection reviews with the field focusing on trade accuracy aligned with monthly PPR cycle
- Develop and implement KPI metrics/scorecard to drive performance management
- Manage quarterly reporting of Field Sales compliance with regards to Trade Fund Management Policy
- Report & scorecard compliance with Trade Fund Management Policy, identifying risk areas with appropriate recommendations to mitigate while partnering with respective Account Team and Sales Finance colleagues
- Daily/weekly/monthly standard financial reporting (Overspend, Actualization, Shipment Pacing v. Monthly Forecast, etc.)
- Deliver Customer Profitability training to the Sales Force to improve financial acumen for optimal business results
Education and Experience
- Juniors pursuing a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or closely related field
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More