A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Category Manager I - III will work with key account teams and their respective retailers to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights in their respective category (s) to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives through the execution of SBU deployed category platforms.
The role reports to the Category & Shopper Insights Senior Manager
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop key actionable category insights and recommendations that highlight sales opportunities for C&D and categories.
- Identify and drive strategic sales opportunities working cross functionally with retailer and C&D headquarter teams.
- Work with Sales Team and Brokers for line reviews, shelf set development, and in the development of plans and strategies.
- Utilize Tools and Insights to Enable Execution: Utilize Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, assortment, and POG tools to deliver unique insights.
- Be an expert in customer specific data, and all required systems including Nielsen analytics and customer POS.
- Present insights and recommendations to the buyer as part of the category review process.
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive situations.
- Effectively communicate category management insights within internal C&D organization, and category management department, not in violation of confidentiality agreements with our customers.
The Category Manager II will be evaluated on the following KPIs:
- Activation of Category Platforms by Top 10 Customers
- Category share growth at top 30 customers
- Increased distribution share growth or share of shelf at top 30 customers
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university required.
- 4+ years of experience in the CPG industry required.
- 2+ years of analytic experience
- Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data experience is required.
- Nielsen Advanced Analytical capabilities are a plus.
- POG software (like JDA) understanding and proficiency is a plus.
- Loyalty card experience is also a plus.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and creative problem solving skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More