Sr. Internal Auditor
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Operates remotely, work-from-home, conducting all phases of financial, operational and compliance internal audits from planning to communicating results to management.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Perform as AuditBoard lead for company-wide financial control owner testing program including coordination of user role assignments, and development/ enhancement of supporting workflow and status reporting. Active liaison with Internal Audit staff, finance management and external audit stakeholders.
· Assist internal audit leadership and management in executing a sustainable self-assessment SOX 404 model by mentoring to and evaluating process-owner duties including documentation, testing and certification.
· Perform walkthroughs to validate process documentation, and perform independent tests of management’s SOX control assessment including controls in high exposure areas.
· Conduct financial, compliance and operational internal audits – formulate audit procedures and audit programs given stated objectives, execute and document performance, gather evidence to support test conclusions and prepare draft internal audit reports.
· Maintain AuditBoard issues database of audit findings, track and vouch implementation status.
· Interface significantly with all employee levels; eliciting, evaluating and considering solutions to align controls with business risks.
· Report to the Director of Internal Audit (CAE) and interface significantly with management and representatives of the internal audit co-sourcing and external audit firms.
· Comply in all respects to the IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Education and Experience
· Four-five years in public accounting or internal audit including exposure to GAAP reporting and financial reporting control assessment (SOX 404).
· Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in accounting. Professional certification such as CPA or CIA, or qualification to sit for CPA exam preferred. Administrator experience with GRC risk/control software (preferably AuditBoard) preferred.
· Big Four, consumer products industry and manufacturing experience is desired.
Skills and Competencies
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within a company, maintain objectivity in work approach and write concisely.
· Experience in documenting and testing business process controls and evaluating audit evidence.
· Competencies in audit program development and desktop automation software.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More