Supervisor III Model Shop
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Manages the Model Shop leading a team of Model Makers and coordinate with external resources to procure additional components. Successful in partnering with cross functional departments. Design and assemble product prototypes and lab test equipment using 3D software and conventional machine shop processes and rapid prototyping techniques. Expands Model Shop capabilities by seeking new techniques and technologies. Effectively manage shop materials, budget, and building a strong cohesive team. Adhere to all safety requirements and guidelines.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Schedules and controls workflow through the Model Shop, using work orders and operational indicators.
- Controls cost of machining, molding, test apparatus, supplies, and outside services to maintain efficient use of funds and materials to meet budgetary demands.
- Participates with engineers in the development of prototypes, test models, and design ideas.
- Works with outside resources on parts, material types, delivery dates, and whether the vendor works on bid or time and material for experimental parts and molds.
- Provides training resources and training opportunities for personnel to safely operate mills, lathes, grinders, electrical discharge machining (EDM), CNC, CAD-CAM, rapid prototyping equipment, precision measuring equipment, vacuum and injection molding equipment, and other standard and nonstandard shop equipment when needed.
- Coordinates and enforces the safe use of shop machinery and equipment.
- Evaluates employee performance according to management guidelines.
- Expands Model Shop capabilities by seeking new techniques and technologies. Evaluates new technologies for improved part design and fabrication, rapid tooling, and rapid prototyping. Specifies and recommends capital acquisitions to purchase state of the art tooling to keep Waterpik in a position of product leadership.
- Provides leadership, which is consistent with the company’s philosophy to follow C&D corporate Behaviors.
- Prepares department budget, profit plan and capital plan and maintains compliance with plans.
- Coordinates all Model Shop activities with New Product teams, NP&E functional departments, and Waterpik Business Units to maximize productivity of Model Shop and maintain Company, NP&E project goals and plans as well as support the Business Units.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability managing team members in the execution of above responsibilities in a technical environment.
- Proficient in the areas of identifying and contracting with outside resources when demands exceed capabilities of in-house resources.
- Familiar with the operation of CNC milling machine, CNC lathe, grinder, electrical discharge machining (EDM) and 3D printing technologies.
- Rapid prototyping in the fabrication of plastics and metals for product prototypes and test fixtures.
- Capable of blueprint and sketch reading and interpretation for the planning and cost estimating of jobs.
- Proficient in 3D software such as Solidworks and CAMworks.
Education and Experience
- High school degree with trade school training in basic and advanced machine shop practices.
- 10 years of experience in a fabrication environment.
- 5 years of shop supervisory experience and people management.
- Specialized courses in 3D software such as Solidworks and Camworks.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Manager of Engineering Prototype and Test
Supervisory Duties: Supervises Model Shop Personnel
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $74,700 - $112,100 Annual Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More