Sr. Manager, Consumer & Sensory
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for the development of consumer insights that will be used to guide R&D innovative technology and product development. Provide guidance and leadership to the R&D organization by providing consumer -centric information on needs and feedback on product use experience. The role is key in driving consumer centric product innovation and development/qualification as well as decision making for technology and product development.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Guide & collaborate with product or packaging development partner to determine objectives, action standards and how the data will be used
- Bring state of the art consumer research methodologies that uncover key product and category insights, as well as, foster transformative innovation within the R&D community.
- Contribute/maintains an internal/external network to meet all R&D consumer learning needs across the many categories of C&D business.
- Partner with R&D business leaders to meet/anticipate research needs from exploratory learning to product qualification.
- Partner well with MRD to understand and influence how research needs get met.
- Accountable for selection and management of preferred research suppliers and consultants.
- Accountable for ensuring that rigorous and unbiased research is developed executed and reported to clients to help make technology and product development decisions.
- Provide consumer-testing leadership and coaching to team leaders and members.
Education and Experience
Minimum of B.S. degree from an accredited institution in a related field with at least 10+ years of experience in an R&D consumer research role preferably in a consumer packaged goods industry.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More