Maintenance & Reliability Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Maintenance & Reliability Manager will partner with the Global Lean Reliability Leader to provide technical support, organizational support and leadership to drive overall plant performance. Through the maintenance and reliability organization, this position will drive improvements in area of safety, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), as well as implement systems and best practices to ensure proactive measures are being taken for continuous improvement. The Maintenance & Reliability Manager will drive and lead the plant’s TPM program, control spending against the plant maintenance budgets, implement programs to upskill maintenance employees and drive continuous improvement activities in the area of equipment reliability. The Maintenance & Reliability Manager will be instrumental in developing the systems to drive and sustain reliability improvements and will lead capital projects focused on continuous improvement and reliability improvement work.
· Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times. Participate on Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing teams to identify and resolve opportunities for improvement from a maintenance perspective.
· Drive asset care and Total Predictive Maintenance (TPM) strategies through Professional maintenance and Autonomous Maintenance programs.
· Provide leadership in team effectiveness by sharing information and encouraging the participation of all team members, building commitment to common goals and motivating team members.
· Lead maintenance group (Planning/Scheduling, Reliability Engineering, MRO, Maintenance Coordinators/Technicians)
· Lead proper execution and documentation of maintenance repairs and TPM activities
· Improve the performance of production lines and equipment by using effective preventative, predictive, troubleshooting and problem-solving maintenance techniques
· Hands-on facilitation of root-cause investigation events in all areas of the plant
· Hands-on completion of maintenance repairs when needed
· Partner with members of production, engineering and safety to ensure best maintenance practices are employed
· Develops and/or improves maintenance standard work procedures and work instructions
· Performs root-cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance by working with operations and maintenance personnel
· Analyze predictive maintenance data to ensure proper preventative maintenance activities are being conducted
· Establishes maintenance budgets and controls spending against those budgets
· Scopes and executes reliability focused capital projects
· Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
· Achieve a high-level proficiency in of the 3 pillars of reliability – Vibration, Lubrication and Thermography through training and certifications (can be acquired on the job)
· Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Organizational/time management skills.
· Effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Experienced in leading continuous improvement initiatives.
· In depth knowledge of TPM (Professional Maintenance and Autonomous Maintenance) with the ability to lead a team implementing these programs.
· Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
· Record of successful goal setting, achievement, employee engagement, and management.
· Experience in managing and motivating and leading a diverse workforce.
· Capable of making decisions and demonstrate ambiguity.
· Four-year degree in a related field is required.
· 7-10 years proven maintenance experience in a Manufacturing environment.
· Strong mechanical knowledge (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls)
· shop math skills and strong troubleshooting ability required
· Strong computer skills required; previous experience with SAP or CMMS preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More