Chemist - Day Shift - Vancouver, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chemist at our Vancouver, Washington plant. Under general supervision, this position assists and performs specialized and routine laboratory examinations and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Performing routine testing of samples for HPLC, GC, LCMS or ICPMS in a timely, accurate manner. Working with the lab supervisor to determine priority of samples before performing the following:
- Solution preparation
- Sample extraction
- Instrument setup
- Data processing
- Result entry into LIMS
- Performing routine instrument maintenance and troubleshoots issues.
- Performing secondary review of data.
- Preparing reports and summarizing large amounts of data using Excel, instrument software and LIMS.
- Using Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) in all laboratory activities.
- Properly handling and disposing of laboratory hazardous waste.
- Monitoring gas cylinders.
- Sharing responsibility for maintaining inventory and restocking of general laboratory supplies.
- Maintaining inventory and restocking of columns, calibration standards, routine maintenance parts/accessories and sample prep materials.
- Logging chemicals and standards into Chemical Tracker.
- Seeking opportunities to reduce routine laboratory costs by increased efficiency (higher throughput, decreased cost of supplies).
- Executing projects as assigned to meet changing laboratory needs and requirements.
- Sharing responsibility for general laboratory organization and cleanliness.
- Communicating relevant work details to Lab Supervisor and coworkers.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or closely related discipline; or four (4) years’ experience performing product testing in a dietary supplement, pharmaceutical or food laboratory food; and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. At least one (1) year of experience using an HPLC, GC, LCMS or ICPMS system or other analytical instrumentation is required. Experience quantifying vitamin content in food following standard procedures and testing methods is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, materials, and the techniques/procedures commonly used in the analysis of food and related products.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform work on-site in a typical laboratory environment using standard office and lab equipment; wear appropriate personal protective equipment; and perform moderate physical activity, including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) and up to eight (8) hours per shift and lifting/carrying items weighing 25 pounds.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More