Manager, Procurement & Outsourcing
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Commercial Outsourcing and Procurement Manger is responsible for strategic product supplier sourcing, contracts, RFQs, critical components, manufacturing support, procurement activities and negotiations with contract manufacturers. Sources, manages, and works with contract manufacturers on critical components to ensure production needs are met. Provide manufacturing support for domestic and international production through the management of the manufacturing team. Ability to build strong synergies across the different functions of the organization and lead overall solution development as the key interface with engineering, operations, marketing, and other internal resources to align commercial deliverables throughout the product life cycle.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manages commercial aspects of outsourcing projects from kick-off through end of life.
- Accountable for the commercial relationship with contract manufacturers/suppliers including but not limited to overall Supplier Relationship, Contracts, Supplier Performance, Cost Management, and Risk Management.
- Develops and prepares detailed contract analyses and negotiation plans for use with strategic suppliers that increases operational efficiency and profitability.
- Executes the RFQ process, contract manufacturer selection and negotiations to achieve the project goals and business need.
- Continually identifies and implements new opportunities for cost savings, cost avoidance and proactively tracks progress towards these objectives that are critical to the company.
- Manages material and supplier cost reduction programs for strategic contract manufacturers.
- Manages critical component safety stock levels at suppliers.
- Work with NPD teams to identify, quote and determine lead times for the material/components needed to manufacture and to identify high risk components and work on developing alternate/replacements.
- Work with material/component manufacturers to understand “end of life”, availability, etc.
- Work with CMs to ensure component inventory and deliveries are supporting production to develop alternates for material/components that are or could negatively affect production.
- Provides manufacturing support for domestic and international production through the manufacturing team.
- Proactively evaluates Operation team’s processes and partners to match industry standards for manufacturing and sourcing needs of high-volume consumer electronics and electromechanical device production.
- Leads sourcing activities in conjunction with the China Operations staff.
- Formally assess strategic supplier’s continuing ability to deliver high quality product for fair price.
- Assists in assessing and developing Company strategy and operations for non-U.S. sourcing of detailed parts and finished goods.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Advanced contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write Requests-for-Proposals (RFPs), Statements-of-Work (SOWs), contracts and purchase order terms & conditions
- Professional level writing skills for preparation of executive summaries and reports
- Project and team management skills
- Advanced analytical and abstract thinking skills
Education and Experience
- Four year college degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Total ten+ years minimum combined experience in two or more of the following areas: operations, purchasing, contract management, electronic purchasing, or manufacturing and a minimum of five years in management. Strong knowledge of new product development and purchasing practices, material requirements planning, finance, cost accounting and production.
- Experience managing high-volume electronic assembly fabrication and electrical component sourcing is ideal.
- Experience managing contract manufacturers of electromechanical devices.
- Basic understanding of printed circuit board manufacture and the regulatory certification process – UL, TUV, CQC (US, Europe, China) is desirable.
- Extensive work experience in China and/or Asia highly desirable.
- 5 years senior level purchasing, operations, or materials experience
- 5 years of experience with non-US Sourcing and major out-sourcing
- Certification Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS CPIM is desired.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Heavy domestic and international travel (approximately 20% - 35%) is required
Reporting Relationship: Director, Planning and Purchasing
Supervisory Duties: Mfg Cost Analyst, Mfg Engineers
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $104,900 - $157,300 Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More