Maintenance Technician III - 1st Shift - Vancouver, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician III in our Vancouver, Washington manufacturing plant!
This position provides support to the Maintenance Supervisor, Department Supervisor or Manager; performs or assists in the performance of preventive maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting on manufacturing, packaging, and/or facilities equipment; and directs the technical activities of other Maintenance Technicians (MT) on the shift.
The current opening is available on our 1st shift, which works Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The hourly rate for this position is $31.87 per hour.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Assists and directs MT as needed to ensure all scheduled PMs and repairs are being completed effectively.
- Fills in for Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor in creating work schedules as needed.
- Works individually or with other MT in performing repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Provides on the job training for MTs.
- Performs machinery and mechanical equipment repairs and maintenance in accordance with schematics, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications while using hand tools, power tools, precision-measuring, and testing instruments. Machinery and equipment may include engines, motors, pumps, pneumatics, conveyor systems, production machines, and equipment.
- Recommends measures to Supervisor or Manager to improve maintenance methods, equipment performance, and quality of equipment.
- Installs, utilizes, and repairs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), process control systems, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), servos, motors, and actuators.
- Interpreting and enforcing company policies and safety/environmental regulations.
- Ensures proper operation of boilers, chillers, compressors, air handling units, waste water treatment, and other equipment in the facility.
- Assists in maintaining the spare parts inventory.
- Observes processing and packaging machines in operation and troubleshoots problems and helps determine root cause.
- May provide direction to external contractors/vendors performing building maintenance such as minor and routine plumbing, electrical wiring, etc.
- Completes service, repair and other records as required.
- May occasionally operate forklift, scissor lift or pallet jack to assist in loading and moving materials and products.
- Operates production machinery as needed and to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma, GED and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Four (4) years of experience in PLC installations, repairs and maintenance and four (4) years of experience in food processing /beverage/candy industry. Associate degree and State electrician license preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge in PLCs, process control systems, VFDs, servos, motors, and actuators.
- Knowledge in pneumatics, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work additional shifts as required.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect problems, repair, and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to write coherent, concise, and comprehensive work instructions, reports, and manuals.
- Ability to enter data into Preventive Maintenance program.
- Ability to connect laptops to PLCs and/or process controllers and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to use a variety of tools and preferably a possession of the knowledge and ability to use machine shop equipment.
- Solid knowledge of basic office computer skills such as MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat to read pdf documents.
- Forklift and Scissor Lift certification.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More