Facilities Maintenance Technician - Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm - Ridgefield, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Technician at our Ridgefield, Washington packaging and distribution center!
The current opening is available on our day shift working from 8am-4:30pm.
The base hourly rate for this position is $18.30 per hour.
Under general supervision, this position performs repair and maintenance activities in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, SOP, and safety practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Maintaining plant facilities by performing minor and routine plumbing, and other maintenance activities and/or repairs using hand tools and power tools.
- Performing general carpentry assignments, including repairs to cabinets, floors, windows, etc. and may construct or install frames, forms, plywood, sheds, fences, railings, and other structures.
- Estimating materials, quantities, and time needed to perform tasks.
- Maintains service, repair, and other records as required.
- Occasionally operating forklift or pallet jack to assist in loading and moving materials and products if needed.
- Installing machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications when needed.
- Carrying tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas.
- Cleaning machines with sandpaper, solvent, and wiping rags to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Oiling and greasing machines.
- Performing routine maintenance checks of vehicles and perform minor repairs as needed.
- Assembling, arranging, or moving desks, filing cabinets, and office equipment.
- Reporting needs for major repairs to EHS Supervisor.
- Performing other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More