Continuous Improvement Supervisor - Ridgefield, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Supervisor at our Ridgefield, WA plant!
The current opening is available on day shift Monday-Friday.
Under general supervision, this position leads Lean Six Sigma activities for the plant, oversees multiple areas of focus such as reliability and quality improvement, assists in the development and training of continuous improvement methodologies and strategies, and assists with driving a culture of continuous improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensures all tasks are performed according to safety, quality and regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for leading Lean Six Sigma activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Works with plant management to identify projects to meet plant yield, safety, productivity, process improvement and cost goals.
- Drives culture of continuous improvement.
- Plans and successfully executes projects to meet goals.
- Uses Lean Six Sigma tools in daily work as well as during project completion.
- Leads and develops cross functional teams to ensure results and sustain improvements.
- Provides formal training in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement methodologies across disciplines.
- Provides support to process owners through training and mentoring as well as project support.
- Has the opportunity to share ideas and improvements across location.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree, technical preferred, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job.
- Manufacturing experience.
- 2 to 4 years' experience as a Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Engineer.
- Competent with MINITAB software for data analysis.
- Lean Six Sigma implementation experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to close Lean Six Sigma projects in both manufacturing and transactional business environments.
- Ability to influence others and rapidly build internal network.
- High energy, self-starter.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience in the facilitation of work groups.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More