A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The POH (Professional Oral Health) Production Supervisor Provides leadership and direction for all hourly warehouse, production, and assembly personnel within the manufacturing area. Supervisor will help in areas when the leads in those areas are on vacation. Supervisor will be proficient in all areas of the department. Will mentor, coach, and assure that the teams meet performance metrics and quality performance. Assist with special projects, as requested, and additional duties as assigned.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversees cycle counting on a monthly basis.
- Schedules and assigns work per the planning system. Assists with closing and opening of jobs, checking variances, and making appropriate transactions.
- Strong understanding of Kaizen and lean principals.
- May guide the work of production leads and in routine operations or help in solving unusual problems.
- Focuses on safety, quality, and efficiency. Meets daily production requirements and linearity.
- Monitors all related receiving and shipping activities, coordinates special shipments; assists purchasing to prepare orders for shipping supplies and supervises paperwork preparation of forms, etc. Interfaces with production planning on product availability with customer service on the status of shipments; reviews customer orders for accuracy and completeness; supervises pulling material to fill customer orders; and communicates variances between product availability and customer order demand.
- Assures that cooperative and supportive relationships are maintained with customers.
- Reviews work of personnel for completeness, accuracy and overall acceptability to customer standards.
- Responsible for following quality systems procedures. Assists in procedure development when required. Ensures product quality and takes appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Must have knowledge of ISO, FDA and Hazmat requirments.
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in compliance with all corporate policies.
- Follows and ensures personnel are following 6S standards and all safety guidelines
- Plan and enforce policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and organize training sessions for all POH and DTC employees.
- Make real time schedule changes based off forecasting and staffing for the day.
- Maintain staffing levels and workloads to meet volume expectations.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good math skill required, able to work accurately with whole numbers. Able to locate all material identification data on packages and distinguish identify if all material used.
- Able to use personal computers and applicable software efficiently.
- Must have knowledge of safe lifting procedures.
- Must successfully complete forklift training and attain forklift license within 60 days of hire.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all modes of shipments (domestic & international), procedures and paperwork.
- Must understand and utilize company and department missions, goals and operational priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Has sufficient understanding of the items assembled to perform trouble-shooting and rework.
Training & Education Requirements:
- Four years equivalent work experience is required, preferably in a Production and Warehouse environment, and at least 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- High school degree or GED required. Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent decision-making skills that positively impact the overall business
- Experience with Oracle and/or other relational database applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to make quick, decisive, and independent decisions within company policies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to effectively address problems and mediate issues to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Strong critical thinking & independent judgement
Must exhibit good leadership qualities; and working knowledge of company philosophy.
GMP/ISO orientation, leadership, communication, ethics, and Kaizen.
Behavioral safety studies to ensure overall employee and department safety.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Department Leader/Manager
Supervisory Duties: Gives day-to-day direction to Production leads, material handlers, warehouse, DTC, and production and assembly personnel.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $67,000-$100,300 Annually
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More