Packaging Maintenance Supervisor
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position has overall responsibility for ensuring all packaging area maintenance work is carried out safely in an effective and efficient way; all in an FDA regulated manufacturing plant environment. He/she is responsible for the productivity of the team that performs the task. This person must be well organized and committed to coordinating all work across all packaging lines in a fast-paced environment.
This role will be the people leader for the Line Mechanic Shift Leaders and Line Mechanics as well as a mentor to the Packaging Line Maintenance Technologist/Planner and Packaging Line Maintenance Shift Leads (working leads).
The Packaging Maintenance Supervisor will also provide maintenance subject matter expertise on packaging plant issues that impact production over a short period of time. In this role he/she provides technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based.
- Directly responsible for creating a high performing cohesive team within the Maintenance Staff. The packaging maintenance staff in partnership with the shop maintenance group is onsite 24/7.
- Responsible always for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible for coordination, support and execution of packaging line maintenance. This includes participation in backlog management, schedule creation and resource allocation.
- Assigns and coordinates job resources with consideration of line mechanic urgent issues.
- Facilitates progress reporting of the daily work to enable adjustments to the daily work schedule including urgent work issue resolution.
- Reviews job packages prior to work assignment and assures best practice and procedures exist.
- Assures with the shift leads that the scheduled work can be carried out. If the job cannot be carried out, coordinates the assignment of other prioritized work.
- Assures that all work requiring a work permit is initiated.
- Assures with the shift leads that all scheduled job sequences have been completed.
- Assures with the shift leads that equipment has been tested before returning to operations.
- Check if all the work for the job is done including the procedures and paperwork. Signs off on the work.
- Reviews work status with service providers and originators and adjusts schedule as required
- Coaches mechanics. When coaching has not been effective, escalates issues to the Technical Manager.
- Conducts daily field audits to assure safety and productivity of all people performing maintenance work
- Responsible for all contractors and vendors working in the packaging area. Assure scope of work and safety expectations are carried out by all service providers.
- Identifies skill gaps and promotes cross training and professional growth.
- Participates in the development of long-term training plans for all department personnel.
- Active mentor and champion of the preventative maintenance program.
- Active mentor and support role for lean manufacturing such as 5S and TPS elements.
- Owns and maintains maintenance related safety and productivity KPI’s
- Identify and participate in Root Cause Investigations as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift and weekends as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and support new technology and corporate programs; Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite). In-depth knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
- Working technical knowledge of packaging systems: Power transmission, conveyors, PLC/controls, pneumatics, electrical, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or another technical field preferred.
- 7-10 years previous supervisory experience in a maintenance capacity in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to bend, stretch, twist and crawl in order to work in and around equipment. May need to work for periods in awkward positions. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to workbench or waist to shoulders. Able to work in confined spaces and at heights of 8-feet or more.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More