Custodian Lead - 1st Shift - Vancouver, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Custodian Lead at our
Vancouver, Washington packaging and distribution center! This position performs custodial duties and minor repairs, assists in sanitation control, and checks for safety hazards.
The current opening is available on our 1st shift, which works Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The base rate for this position is $17.00 per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Manages the scheduled Sanitation Work Orders for assigned shift.
- Maintains cleanliness of the following areas to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards:
- Building exteriors, parking lots, grounds, etc.
- Assigned operations areas, office spaces, rest rooms, warehouses, etc.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors using brooms, mops, and powered scrubbing/waxing machines.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, furniture, and draperies using vacuum cleaner.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes exterior walls, parking lot and silos using a pressure washer.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Cleans production floors and drains using chemicals.
- Empties 55-gallon trash cans and transports trash to 40-yard containers located outside the buildings several times per day.
- Replenishes kitchen and bathroom supplies.
- Performs minor and routine maintenance activities using hand tools when needed.
- Keeps janitorial areas neat and orderly.
- Communicates supply needs to the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Notifies the Sanitation Supervisor of need for minor and major repairs.
- Assists the Supervisor with SAP computer system data entry when needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes according to SOP and GMP standards.
- Completes appropriate cleaning logs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Custodial and lead experience or combination of experience and/or education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job within the specified working conditions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a forklift and a scissor lift.
- Ability to operate a floor scrubber and floor sweeper.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Well organized and able to maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More