GR Quality Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- The Quality Engineer will oversee process validations, perform various audits, manage investigatory and corrective action processes for customer and supplier complaints, support corporate R&D initiatives, cross- train in other quality positions and lead continuous improvement efforts within the local quality function. This position also participates in periodic on-call duties for the plant.
- Apply quality engineering skills to perform validations, perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) tests for line capability understanding and monitoring, and provide plant-relevant input into FMEA’s/RCA’s.
- Ensure site quality systems comply with requirements outlined in the C&D Global Quality Manual, Global Food Safety Initiative Standards, and FDA cGMP regulations.
- Oversee supplier quality by tracking supplier performance, conducting supplier audits and driving resolution of non-conformances as appropriate.
- Conduct and lead quality, customer and supplier complaint investigations, facilitating the use of root cause analysis and when needed, problem-solving events, to lead to effective CAPA development.
- Interact with Corporate Brand Teams and R&D Groups on new products, product improvements and R&D testing. Collaborate on R&D test trials to assist in designing appropriate tests and scale-up trials.
- Execute corporate quality initiatives in the plant, including the implementation of the Technology Transfer Process when appropriate, and provide input to the process during R&D product/process development.
- Participate in plantwide continual improvement and LEAN manufacturing efforts, while providing LEAN leadership in the Quality Lab for similar departmental activities.
- Cross-train in other quality positions in order to provide coverage when needed, within the quality function.
- Perform periodic on-call duties for the plant, as assigned on a rotating schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS/MS degree in related field (Quality Engineering certification desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years quality experience in the consumer products, medical device, pharmaceutical, and/or food/pharma manufacturing industries.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, 21 CFR Part 110, 210/211 or Global Food Safety Initiative Standards, and HACCP
- Experience working in a manufacturing/plant environment.
- Good problem solver, experience in leading RCA’s, and developing effective solutions for root causes.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Validation experience is preferred.
- Trained auditor in GMP, ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 a plus
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More