Continuous Improvement - Trainer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement - Trainer
Department: Continuous Improvement
Reports To: Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Status: Hourly Date: 03/03/2021
The CI Trainer is responsible for training activities for a team of production employees in a designated area of responsibility. He/She is responsible for developing and delivering training material to all plant employees in their area including; written procedures (SOPs), MS PowerPoint / multimedia presentation content, hands-on learning activities, and POKA content. This position also documents and verifies training completion and evaluates the effectiveness of courses and materials. This position reports directly to the CI Supervisor. The CI Trainer has the ability to work unsupervised and can make decisions in the absence of the CI Supervisor in order to maximize the effectiveness of training for production team members in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Delivery.
- Coordinate training activities to maximize safety, quality, and productivity of team members and manufactured goods.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the site training plan to ensure quality training of new and existing of employees using fundamentals from TWI’s best practices.
- Audit the quality and content of TWI-JI trainers and provide feedback as appropriate to provide the best quality training to employees.
- Conduct needs assessments and develop JIBs alongside subject matter experts (SME) to ensure JIBs have all the information they need to sustain a safe culture focused on standard work
- Develop and deliver JIBs on operational procedures, safety requirements and responsibilities, quality processes, environmental standards and procedures utilizing TWI fundamentals
- Audit trainers and training tactics to ensure that the TWI training standards are not deviated from.
- Build and support a network of internal TWI-JI trainers; organize train the trainer refresher sessions and provide direction on training needs.
- Prepare and deliver training materials, job aids, presentations, JIbs, etc. in multiple media forums
- Plan and schedule training courses and collaborate with Coordinators / Supervisors and Managers on customized training programs
- Conduct post-training evaluation to identify successes and improvement opportunities
- Enforce compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures.
- Understand all job functions in the designated area and ensure employees are trained in these areas.
- Monitor and provide feedback on team member training progress
- Communicate effectively up and down the Chain of Command.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CI Coordinator / Supervisor.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet the business needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, WMS and SAP preferred).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to large groups
- 3-5 year’s experience with the development and delivery of training to industrial front-line workforce in a fast-paced Lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- Direct experience with various training delivery methods including in-person classroom and virtual settings.
- Flexibility in scheduling to accommodate training support for a 24-7 workforce
- Ability and willingness to spend time within hot, hazardous plant environment wearing protective equipment including respirator with or without reasonable accommodation
- Lean Background and 5S
- TWI certifications should include TWI-JI, TWI-JR, TWI-JM, TWI-JITT
- Demonstrated ability to conduct training needs and gap analysis
- Prior manufacturing experience in a GMP environment required (food manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, etc.)
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More