Plant HR Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Human Resource Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team. This position is seen as a strong business partner, working with the leadership team to enhance culture, employee engagement, and is a visible leader of lean manufacturing and related processes. Provides leadership in the area of team development, individual development, and plays a key role in maintaining a union free environment. Leads the administration of policies and programs covering all aspects of human resources.
- Execute on all HR strategy initiatives that are cascaded down from Corporate Human Resources.
- Participation and oversight in all full life cycle recruiting activities to the sites. Ensure affirmative action goals are met for the location.
- Partnership with site staff on appropriate workforce planning to ensure proper balance of resources and usage of contingent workers.
- Handles complaints in a timely and effective manner, assures responsiveness to employee concerns.
- Manages plant benefits, compensations, and payroll related processes.
- Provides leadership in promoting and maintaining a high performing team culture within the plant.
- Develops efficient work and productivity targets for department while continually improving service to plant departments.
- Set strategy on training and development programs that offer greater skill sets to team members which improve efficiency, costs, quality, and leadership.
- Develops and manages a succession plan I conjunction with management and lead talent management efforts.
- Assures the management and employees maintain awareness and operate by standards of conduct.
- Develop, maintain, implement, and communicate local and company policy.
- Develops and implements employee rewards, incentives, and compensation programs.
- Ensures that state and federal employment regulations are not violated, and plant remains current on revisions and new law or company policy. Educates all team members of changes to law and policies.
- Management and development of 3 direct reports.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure to produce results. Flexibility in a schedule is sometimes needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other HR systems knowledge (HRIS, ATA, Payroll)
- Knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a HR Management role required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field required.
- HR certifications or advance education is a plus.
- Prior work experience in a Manufacturing and/or Distribution environment required.
- People management experience.
- Experience with strategy and partnerships on training programs to build technical talent within a manufacturing/distribution organization.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More