A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Manager, Procurement – Chemicals / Raw Materials
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Global Procurement Team is looking for a driven and reliable Procurement Manager whose action-oriented mindset and positive attitude will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for procuring chemicals/raw materials and leading the sourcing strategy for Church & Dwight’s Fabric Care products in accordance with prescribed procurement policies and procedures. This person will lead sourcing support, prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests, review quotations, and lead or support contracting execution.
- Lead the identification and selection of suppliers of chemicals, meeting criteria such as assurance of supply, service, cost, quality, regulatory compliance and responsible sourcing
- Single point of contact and should exhibit the ability to manage all operational activities related to the sourcing, supply and Procurement activities for chemicals/raw materials used in the manufacturing of brands such as Arm & Hammer, OxiClean, Xtra, Orajel, AIM & Close-Up
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives within the categories mentioned above to assure supply as well as drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
- Partner closely with key stakeholder teams to understand critical business needs and support development of strategies to address
- Support the development specific category strategies for the assigned spend categories, including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
- Manage and execute all steps of the strategic sourcing process including developing RFPs, negotiating with suppliers (including eAuction), conducting bid analysis, and making supplier recommendations
- Contract execution by proactively engaging with business stakeholders, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Provide aggregate reporting on category performance and key metrics such as savings and supplier performance
- Monitor and research industry trends as well as “Best Practices” and adopt them as appropriate for assigned spend categories
- Manage and optimize functional sourcing support activities while ensuring adherence to stakeholders’ corporate standards
- Manage internal customer relationships through cross functional business engagement, and develop deep category knowledge in the assigned category areas
- Conduct supplier performance management initiatives and drive continuous improvement
- Excellent business partnering, communications skills, and strong process focus
- Strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in Chemical / Raw Material Procurement. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (i.e. excel modelling)
- High degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct and sound interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Excellent people management and mentoring skills
- Bachelors (required), MBA (preferred) CPIM, CSCP or CPM certification (preferred)
- 5+ yrs. relevant purchasing or Supply chain experience. Min. 3+ yrs. Category Management experience in Chemical / Raw Material Procurement
- Strong ERP/SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, systems knowledge
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More