Blend Station Operator - Mon-Thurs - 5:00am-3:30pm - Vancouver, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Blend Station Operator at our Vancouver, Washington manufacturing and distribution plant!
The current opening is available day shift which works Monday through Thursday from 5:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
The base rate for this position is $18.30 per hour.
Under general supervision, this position performs specialized and routine blending activities according to established formulas and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures(SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Proficiently operating the equipment used to produce blends.
- Staging and verifying scales.
- Performing calibration check on scales.
- Weighing the components and pre-mixes small blends and other components that require pre-mixing.
- Preparing raw material for blending, adding any pre-mixed components, mixing the blend and preparing for finished product.
- Palletizing finished goods.
- Cleaning blend station equipment, utensils and work area.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to add and subtract decimal numbers.
- Ability to accurately use a calculator.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, write and perform math problems.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of forklift and light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards. Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Able to pass the medical evaluation for the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Able to meet and maintain all the requirements of the Mask Fit Program.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More