A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This highly visible position is the Manufacturing Facility at our Harrisonville, MO location. The Quality Chemist performs all facets of testing for manufactured products, including raw materials and finished goods, in order to maintain product integrity.
- Conduct daily batch and physical testing for manufacturing operations, using standard chemical analysis according to established test procedures
- Operate laboratory computer, analytical test instruments and systems, including trouble-shooting and calibrations as needed
- Communicate appropriate batch adjustments to Processing staff to ensure product integrity according to specifications. Troubleshoot analytical problems with Processing staff as needed
- Conduct production line audits, interpret results, and recommend changes or corrections in order to maintain finished product integrity
- Perform incoming raw ingredient comparisons to standard and verify quality of received components
- Document and maintain test results, audit information, procedures, logs and specifications using appropriate data or file maintenance system
- Communicate effectively with internal customers and vendors as needed
- Assist with all quality events pertaining to production or suppliers; Disposition, Impound, QA Hold, etc.
- Sustain good laboratory practices for the safe and proper handling of chemicals
- Keep work area clean and neat
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
What you’ll need:
- Two plus years of experience in a lab or testing environment using wet chemistry procedures
- Or a 4 year degree (Chemistry/Biology)
- Or a combination of experience /education
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organizational/time management skills required
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results
- Basic chemical and mechanical aptitude
- Work flexible schedule as needed
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More