Maintenance Resource Operator - 3rd Shift (Sun - Thurs 11:00 pm - 7:00 am)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Maintenance Resource Operator is a working maintenance mechanic’s position with the added responsibility of coordinating all planned and unplanned work across processing, packaging and utility equipment areas.
Coordinating Mechanics Work Assignments:
- Coordinate prioritized work for all mechanics assigned to the packaging lines. (Line mechanics and plant mechanics)
- Monitors job progress throughout the shift; ascertains job status and completion of work assigned to plant mechanics. Communicates and updates daily schedule forward.
- Responsible for mechanics in creating notifications and completing work order forms for accurate closure documentation for both repair and PM.
- Coordinate project work, work orders, and emergency work with other trades (plant electricians, packaging mechanics, machinists, etc.) working in the packaging area.
- Identify and order parts as required in completing emergency and planned work. There is also the responsibility to work with the stockroom to develop and maintain an effective mechanical parts inventory level.
- Recommend to supervision specific training and educational programs/courses that would be beneficial to the plant and the maintenance group.
- Position must be available to response to either planned or emergency off hours work.
- Provide timing updates to all stakeholders on work status.
Execute Advanced Troubleshooting, Repair and PM on all Equipment:
- Provides maintenance subject matter expertise on equipment issues that impact production over a short period of time. Provides technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the system and/or equipment.
- Provides experience on failures and repair techniques to other mechanics.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc are provided and documented. Provide technical support as needed.
- Ensures repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- Provide technical support for specification, identification and purchasing of needed parts.
- Participates with RE in developing the equipment maintenance strategy by providing technical and historical information.
- Serves as a technical resource to the planner on work packages.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and ability:
- Knowledge of mechanical principles.
- Knowledge of electrical and control principles
- Knowledge to troubleshoot causes of operating problems and decide the best course of action.
- Must be proficient using all mechanical instruments.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Ability to repair machines or systems using the required tools.
- Ability to install equipment and machines.
- Ability to read pneumatic schematics.
- Must have ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must have good teamwork and communication skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively with production, maintenance shop and planner for effective planning to minimize downtime.
- The ability to document and train others on equipment and/or devices that are created as well as how they are to be used and maintained.
- Must have working knowledge of lockout/tagout procedures, NFPA rules and regulations.
- Experience in working in GMP/FDA environment.
- Basic computer skills desirable (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must be very skilled in the operation of a forklift and rigging.
- Welding and machining ability a plus.
- Capable of following all plant safety, GMP and SOP regulations.
- Participates in all job-related safety training and personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum ten (10) years as an industrial mechanic in a manufacturing facility. Additional trade school or continuing educational units in the mechanics field a plus.
- Black seal boiler operator license desirable. Blue seal preferred.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More