Packing Lead - 3rd Shift - Vancouver, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Packing Lead at our Vancouver, Washington Manufacturing Facilities!
The current opening is available on our 3rd shift, which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The base rate for this position is $16.45 per hour plus 3rd shift receives a $.50 per hour shift differential.
Under general supervision, this position maintains all manufacturing production documentation, leads labor, adheres to safety procedures, and escalates all quality concerns for manufacturing work orders. This position must receive training according to the applicable work instructions prior performing specific tasks. Only Department Trainers or other department personnel that have completed the necessary specific “Train the Trainer” training may conduct training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
· Wearing proper GMP and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attire for all tasks including: shoe covers, gowns, hair restraint(s), gloves, masks, sleeve covers, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
· Understanding and adhering to Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
· Training all Packers in the job functions.
· Performing any and all duties and responsibilities of a Packer when needed.
· Ensuring staff is rotating positions every (2) hours.
· Ensuring all tasks are performed according to SOPs/GMPs, safety procedures and other regulations.
· Ensuring all Clean Room occupants are wearing the proper attire before entering the Clean Room.
· Ensuring Pre-Operation Inspection is performed before starting the job/order.
· Reviewing and verifying what job is being run and that all required approvals are on the paperwork.
· Consulting with Shift Supervisor(s) and/or Quality Control on job status or if there is a discrepancy.
· Completing and distributing appropriate paperwork pertaining to work orders.
· Ensuring proper paperwork is posted as to what work order is running.
· Instructing the assigned line personnel to start the job and assigning additional personnel if necessary.
· Periodically inspecting the work of the production line to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
· Completing appropriate paperwork at the end of each day and/or work order.
· Performing other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of all department SOPs and ability to enforce them.
· Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
· Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
· Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
· Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
· Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
· Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More