A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The position will perform engineering assignments related to design and analysis for equipment and line systems. Optimize new systems and upgrades to existing processes and facilities. Support Safety, Engineering, Maintenance, and Processing Operation Requirements of the Lakewood facility. The Sr. Packaging Engineer will also be responsible for supporting all assigned and corporate capital projects.
- Participate in capital appropriation process and managing capital projects to assure that project expectations are met including cost and time constraints
- Provides reliability input into project activities
- ACAD layouts; maintain and update
- Assist in packaging development
- Research and purchase new equipment for new and existing products
- Oversee IQ, OQ, PQ and PTR’S pertaining to packaging equipment
- Evaluate automation equipment to increase production output
- Design equipment layout for new applications
- Write up and submit paperwork for purchasing new equipment for packaging lines
- Trouble shoot all equipment issues on the packaging floor from fillers to case packers.
- Solves reliability and OEE losses through application of reliability technology and tools to enable the plant to meet its business plan.
- Utilizes asset utilization and cost data to develop Top Opportunities Lis
- Evaluates and quantifies the impact projects such as equipment reconfigurations, design changes, equipment quality, etc will have on ability to meet customer needs
- Develop and implement operating discipline that will improve reliability.
- Trouble shoot product flow issues on packaging floor
- Assist maintenance personnel in repair or corrective issues of production lines
- Achieve results by updating the technologies and productive structures of the plant to overcome technical operational difficulties without increasing manufacturing costs or resources
- Develop technical solutions for operational issues that result in increased efficiency, lower cost, or increased safety
- Assist with designing, installing and commission of new production units, monitor modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes
- Apply Lean Six Sigma methods to make observations and take measurements directly, as well as collecting and statistically interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved
- Working closely with other specialists, including personnel responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers and technicians responsible for plant maintenance; Corporate Quality and R&D on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating/packaging crews
- Responsible for contractor oversight as it relates to assigned capital responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of PLC Programming
- Knowledge of Windows based programs
- Knowledge of CAD software
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in a related engineering field required (Mechanical, Industrial or Related Field)
- 2 – 3 years technical experience.
- AutoCAD skills plus any equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More