Operation Supervisor - 2nd Shift (Mon - Fri 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provides leadership, accountability, responsibility for Processing and Packaging of our products.
This position executes the plan effectively utilizing our people, processes, equipment & systems
in a Safe, Quality, productive, cost effective, and on-time manner. Recruit staff, train & develop
personnel, conduct audits, act as a change agent, identify and execute opportunities for
- Has responsibility for both Packaging and Processing Operations. This includes shift performance measures for Output, Operational Equipment Efficiencies (OEE) and other Productivity Metrics, Quality Standards, Safety Programs/Performance, and strong Employee Relations.
- Demonstrates proficient technical knowledge of the process and is equipment savvy.
- Provides daily written and oral updates to the Operations Manager and/or Plant Manager and insures production and processing data are compiled following the shift and distributed appropriately.
- Has dotted line oversight for Warehouse and Facilities Maintenance personnel as required working during the shift.
- In the absence of Management, assumes the duties of point-person for any major plant related issue or emergency, for example: power outages, fire emergencies, building evacuation, major chemical spills, etc.
- Immediately escalates safety, quality, productivity, personnel or other issues to department and management as required.
- Provide the supervisory coverage for OT in both departments as required and as dictated by the production schedule.
- Responsible for screening and interviewing potential candidates for Packaging/Processing Department positions. Identifies individuals with prior packaging /processing experience or the potential to develop necessary job skills.
- Assigns training to new employees and organizes cross-training of current employees to develop bench flexibility and promotional opportunities within the team.
- Maximizes efficiencies through the effective use of people, processes, equipment and systems.
- Escalates packaging & processing issues to other departments as required. Drives for cooperation and make changes that will positively impact external customer demands.
- Communicates clear expectations and interpreting the “why” behind company policy and procedures. Is fair and consistent with all members of the team.
- Benchmarks and establishes other performance metrics including Quality, Safety, accuracy, labor cost savings, loss reductions, etc.---collects and reports results.
- Manages weekly E-time attendance system for timely processing of employee payroll transactions.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of Continuous Improvement. Solicits and evaluates ideas from employees that can be implemented.
- Supports the established benchmarks and performance management metrics.
- Responsible for providing to their work team all job-related Safety training, and for ensuring team compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Compliant with all federal, state, local and corporate policies, laws and regulations.
- Support and vigorously execute the Mechanic Assessment and Rotation Programs, Line Resource Operator/Line Mechanic Trainee Programs and Processing Assessment programs as required.
- Manage line teams to ensure financial standards are met or exceeded. This includes escalating issues in a timely manner, reacting to downtime issues with a sense of urgency, re-utilizing headcount in a different area as required, re-directing headcount or releasing them early as required.
- Ensure all appropriate paper work and checklists (6S, etc.) are effectively completed and employees work methods are periodically audited.
- Able to move qualified people for coverage purposes and manage temporary workers up and down as the business fluctuates due to seasonal demand.
- Accountable for insuring proper cycle times for Pre-weighing and Processing of batches
- Insure compounders are executing as per safety, cleanliness, quality and productivity goals. Publish daily/weekly reports capturing compounders and department achievements against these established metrics.
- Develop and cross-train Compounders and Pre-Weigh employees in both Dental and Non-dental product processing.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, WMS, SAP)
- In depth knowledge of production operations, including equipment, materials, and work flow, etc.
- Ability to build positive relations at all levels of the organization demonstrated by excellent interpersonal skills
- Can speak to the nuances of Processing & Packaging Operations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills demonstrated by ability to prioritize work assignments and keep frustration low in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate calm under pressure and is able to adapt/be flexible to changing schedules as appropriate
- Knowledge of cGMPs and FDA Regulations pertaining to Manufacturing/Filling of OTC Drug Products (21 CFR 211)
- Familiar with OEE, Six Sigma /Continuous Improvement programs, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, etc.
- Highly energetic, people oriented individual with the ability to motivate employees.
- Is seen as a trustworthy confident and resource for solutions and support
- Demonstrate expertise in the following systems: LPD and automated dental batching systems, DI and RO water systems, waste water systems, Tank Farm, Chemical Warehouse and others as required
- Demonstrate competencies with the following batching methods: Dental, Orajel, Nair, Household, Aerosol, DEO and AP, and DEO Gels.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills required as well as the ability to communicate across functional lines.
- The ability to operate independently, analyze information and make quality decisions under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, or related technical field preferred.
- Candidates must present 4-6 years’ experience in a fast-paced consumer product goods, food, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Two years of direct supervisory experience.
- Strong detailed knowledge of SOPs and GMPs.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More