Financial Analyst, Legal
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Financial Analyst, Legal manages and supports a full range of projects/responsibilities for the Legal team. These include, but are not limited to, overseeing the Law Department’s budget and forecasting (interfacing with the Corporate Accounting/Corporate Finance Department), managing billing and budgeting by outside counsel and vendors, supporting the Law Department’s IT assets and processes—including e-discovery and legal hold software, e-billing and matter management software, and legal document management software, and directing Corporate Records Retention.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and detail/process-oriented individual to join our legal team. The Financial Analyst, Legal will work closely with the EVP, General Counsel, Associate General Counsel in charge of litigation, in-house attorneys and staff, Corporate Accounting/Corporate Finance and business stakeholders at all levels of the company.
This is a generalist role that involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matters supported by the legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, must be fully conversant with Law Department budgeting and forecasting, become familiar with Thompson Reuters Legal Tracker (Serengeti) e-billing and matter management software and interfacing with outside counsel and vendors, be proficient in MS Office 365 including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, be tech savvy with assorted legal software, be an excellent project manager, and be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans for the Law Department.
Legal Department Budget and Forecasting Analyst:
- Develops the Law Department annual budget and all related reporting, forecasting and analysis, along with the EVP, General Counsel, in-house and outside counsel and other vendors, and Accounting/Finance,
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to Legal leadership and timely and accurate submission of monthly & quarterly reporting to Corporate Finance.
- Draws conclusions from complex data and helps make insightful financial decisions and recommendations.
- Recommends and implements improvements in financial analysis methods or processes
- Obtains and tracks unbilled amounts and prepares monthly accruals
- On a monthly basis, monitors spend against budget, follows up with in-house and outside counsel, and provides reforecasts
- Ensures all budget components are accurately reflected in corporate reporting
- Provides commentary on significant variances to internal partners
- Provides ad hoc budget analysis to internal partners
- Responds to requests for information from internal and external auditors
- Works with Accounting to ensure vendors are paid in accordance with payment terms.
Legal Matter Management and e-Billing Manager:
- Administrator for 3rd party matter management/e-billing system. Intimate prior knowledge of and experience with Thompson Reuters Legal Tracker (Serengeti) is absolutely required.
- Optimizes matter management/e-billing software by adjusting matter tracking and reporting capabilities as necessary.
- Sets up matters, users, fields, and billing approval routes, and creates substantive matter and financial reports. Manages the delivery of approved invoices and related reporting data with Accounts Payable and Accounting.
- Provides guidance to outside counsel regarding e-billing and budget management.
- Reviews and approves invoices as necessary.
- Develops analytical reports in Legal Tracker software
- Automates software notifications to in-house and outside counsel personnel.
- Manages budgeting information within the software.
Project Manager, Records Manager, Legal IT software coordinator, e-discovery/legal hold expert
- Oversees Corporate Records Management.
- Conducts e-discovery and issues legal holds utilizing legal software.
- Utilizes and coordinates Law Department technology solutions/legal software—e.g., e-billing, document management (Netdocs), DocuSign e-signature, etc.
- Leads Law Department projects on assorted topics, as needed.
Required Job knowledge/experience
- BA or BS required.
- Proven track record (5+ years of experience) in coordinating Corporate Law Department budget and forecasting, and accurate submission of monthly & quarterly reporting to Corporate Accounting/Finance absolutely required.
- Strong experience in developing, implementing, and using law department technology solutions/legal software (e.g., Serengeti Legal Tracker e-Billing and matter management software, NetDocs document management software, DocuSign e-signature software).
- Proficient in MS Office 365 including advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong experience in e-discovery and legal hold software operation.
- Prior litigation paralegal experience a plus.
- Corporate Records Management experience a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with legal project operations and management in-house (additional law firm billing experience also desirable).
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by gaining the support needed from others while working in a cross-functional role.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More