Sr. Buyer - Raw Materials
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing various Packaging and Raw Materials for all of Church and Dwight’s product lines manufactured in Canada in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies and procedures. This person will provide sourcing support and prepare bid specifications, issues bid requests, review quotations, and support contracting execution.
- Guide identification and selection of vendors to procure Packaging and Raw Materials Materials, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date and place orders
- Identify requesting functions needs and develop and refine specifications
- Interpret and communicate purchasing procedures to functions and provide sourcing support
- Write and distribute complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposals; receive and analyze bids, quotes, and proposals, and award the contract
- Resolve purchasing problems between function and supplier
- Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance
- Support routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
- Knowledge of various categories in goods and services
- Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or high school diploma
- 3-7 years buying experience
- Sound knowledge of computer software applications such as MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint – Familiarity with ERP/P2P systems SAP/Oracle (preferred)
This is a job Family posting : G22, G24, G26
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More