Senior Quality Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Global Supplier Quality Senior Quality Engineer
Department: Global Quality
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Global Quality
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible to perform the requirements of the Supplier Risk System for Supplier Selection, Oversight and Performance to ensure C&D suppliers meet the Quality Management System requirements. The Suppliers include Raw Material and Finished Good Suppliers worldwide.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Primary Quality interface US Suppliers, performs qualification Quality audits, and surveillance audits and reports back to Operations and R&D on the suppliers ability to meet C&D QMS.
- Drives continuous improvement for Global Suppliers through application of quality tools, Quality System metrics and surveillance programs.
- Conducts initial audit/approval and on-going support and monitoring of suppliers, as required. Develops and utilizes a validated risk matrix or Supplier Risk Scoring system to prioritize audits, as applicable.
- Performs analysis and evaluates manufacturer QMS to meet C&D and regulatory requirements. Supports programs such as Allergen Surveys, Food Safety, Lab, Distributor and third party logistic qualification and oversight. Works cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Procurement, Global Mfg. Services, International Subsidiaries and R&D.
- Supports the Global Supplier QMS Metrics and Supplier Quality Metrics.
- Assist Sr. Mgr. Global Supplier Quality in roll out and support of the Global Supplier System.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS degree in related field (Quality Engineering certification desirable)
- Minimum of 7years experience in the consumer products, medical device, and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience working in a plant environment with manufacturing, contractors and suppliers.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification desirable, Black Belt Certification preferred
- Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Quality Auditor through accredited Quality Organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering, auditing of manufacturing operations for medical devices, OTC, dietary supplement and /or pharmaceutical industries
- Knowledge or experience with non-FDA regulated consumer products
- Demonstrated success of being a strong quality advocate.
- Experience effectively partnering with outside contractors.
- High initiative with demonstrated results achievement and orientation.
- Excellent influence, persuasion, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Trained auditor in GMP, and ISO 9001 or 13485 or Food Safety
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More