A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Are you an experienced Reliability Engineer searching for a new exciting challenge? Do you have experience of LEAN and continuous improvement?
If the answer is yes- then look no further, Church & Dwight UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Reliability Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis.
Based at our manufacturing site in Folkestone, this role will involve providing technical support focusing on improving the reliability of packaging operations within the plant through continuous improvement as well as supporting the Engineering Maintenance Supervisor with capital projects.
As part of this role you will be leading cross-functional teams to address technical challenges whilst designing and modifying new products and equipment, supporting existing designs, improving production techniques/equipment/test procedures as well as supporting and enhancing the efficiency of the high-speed production lines by improving the reliability of packaging equipment.
A key part of this role will be driving principles of lean manufacturing including 5S and TPM with a focus on continuous improvement, root cause analysis and mitigate risks by using innovative techniques, technologies and concepts. This individual will work closely with the Engineering Maintenance Supervisor in supporting and execution of Capital Projects.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working on high speed lines in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) business within operational maintenance and/or reliability.
You must be an enthusiastic team player who can demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and communication skills with all levels of staff and contractors within the business. The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
Education and Experience required:
- In-depth technical knowledge of liquid filling, labeling and packaging processes along with chemical liquid batching processes.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including 5S, TPS, TPM, visual management, etc. with the ability to apply those principles in daily work.
- Ability to apply RCA (fishbone, 5-why, quick kaizen, etc.) and FMEA methodologies to address failures both proactively (before they occur) and reactively (after they occur).
- Ability to lead kaizen teams in improvement and sustainment efforts.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module, AutoCAD and Precision Maintenance skills a plus. Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Solid understanding of OEE, OTIF, SMED improvement programs.
- Strong knowledge of production operations, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More