Head of Marketing, Oral Care at Water Pik, Inc.
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Lead and oversee global marketing strategy and domestic execution for the Waterpik Oral Health business. Commercial P&L responsibility for $400MM Consumer Oral Health (COH) and $9MM Professional Oral Health (POH) business units. Manage $25MM+ Advertising & Sales Promotion (A&SP) budget. Lead team of 15 full time employees, plus 200 independent professional educators, and oversee departmental budget of $2.5MM. Responsible for the development of Oral Care Business Objectives, Strategy & Tactics. Ensure that innovative new products are developed, and that effective marketing and promotion programs are executed towards the consumer and dental professionals to achieve company sales and profit objectives. Active participant of the leadership team playing a vital role in setting business priorities and building company annual business plans. This role reports to the Waterpik General Manager.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead Oral Health Marketing Team to develop and execute annual marketing plans, and A&SP budgets, to deliver annual financial objectives.
- Oversee the development of Global Business Plans and New Product Innovation Strategy, which provide long-term vision, objectives, strategies, and tactics. Develop and manage new product development priorities for the COH/POH business unit.
- Enhance the stature of the Waterpik brand on a global basis, and develop positioning strategies and superior consumer value propositions for each product category in the COH/POH portfolio.
- Successfully execute marketing programs, including promotional plans and new product development projects, through identification of business opportunities, consumer needs, dental professional needs, and retail customer needs.
- Builds long term recommendation and advocacy for the Waterpik brand among dental professionals.
- Develop compelling consumer communication across all touchpoints of the consumer journey to deliver both interest and conversion of the Waterpik Oral Care products. Good understanding of both traditional and digital media.
- Collaborate with other Church & Dwight Business Units to stay abreast of industry and marketing trends and create synergies and optimize business results across the corporation.
- Provide ongoing training and development for the COH/POH Marketing personnel.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership and management skills. Person is expected to manage and challenge a highly experienced team of marketeers i.e. ability to lead and coach leaders.
- Solid understanding of the concept of “expert recommended, consumer preferred” i.e. understands how to cultivate expert recommendation over time and how they can lead to long-term consumer sales.
- Strategic thinker with practical implementation skills. Someone who can provide focus and priorities to a team. Someone not afraid to try something new but also understands importance in clarity of execution i.e. focuses on what matters most and knows what is “implementable”.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing required to ensure that consumer communication campaigns successfully translates across multiple touchpoints. Expected to be up to speed on latest media and digital marketing trends.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with all key functional areas (finance, operations, engineering and sales), retail channels/customers and dental professionals. Good network and knowledge of trends in oral care, dentistry and marketing in general.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder with a strong total business perspective.
- Proactive, results-oriented and creative problem solver who is a positive change agent.
Education and Experience
- A four-year college /university degree is required, an MBA is preferred. Minimum of 10-12 years marketing/brand management experience leading a retail consumer products line/brand with a track record of delivering strong financial results.
- Extensive experience working in a cross-functional business team environment.
- Successful development and introduction of innovative insight driven new products.
- Demonstration of insight driven consumer communication campaigns that drive consumer behavior change.
- Financially literate and additional experience in sales management and international marketing is a plus.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Domestic and International travel is required. Valid passport and appropriate visas must be maintained as needed.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the General Manager of Waterpik and is a member of the Executive Staff.
Supervisory Duties: Responsible for supervising the COH/POH Marketing Team and Professional Relations group. 14 full-time employees reporting in, plus 200 independent contractors.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $165,100 -$247,800 Annual Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More