Category & Shopper Insights Manager at Water Pik, Inc.
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Category & Shopper Insights Manager develops insights-based, actionable content to grow Waterpik’s categories and brands. The position will work closely with:
- Sales to understand the retail and competitive landscape across all classes of trade. Assist in executing strategies with retailers through analytics on distribution, product assortment, promotion, pricing and shelving.
- Brand Marketing to develop insights related to shopper and consumer behavior. Analyses include shopper profiles, basket affinities, cross purchase, leakage trees, lapsed/new/repeat and other panel-based views.
- Internal Teams to scope and manage research specific to Sales and Brand. This includes working with outside vendors, Church & Dwight team members and Sales Operations Director to ensure all research delivers actionable insights for internal stakeholders.
- Data Vendors to develop analysis and reporting that meets the needs of all internal teams.
The role reports to the Waterpik Sales Operations Director.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop actionable insights leveraging all available information including syndicated data, panel data, customer POS data, promotional tracking data, and market research.
- Manage all syndicated data reporting with 3rd party providers. This includes data validation, updating current report views, creating new reporting and assisting Waterpik employees with training.
- Work with Sales Analyst to create internal POS/Non-POS related reporting used by the executive team, finance and Church & Dwight.
- Proactively discuss research and other data needs with Sales Directors and Brand Marketing. Work with Sales Operations Director to develop research briefs, work with 3rd party providers for fielding and present insights to sales team and retailers as needed.
- Develop, maintain and create selling materials for the following:
- Category and Brand Distribution guidelines
- Shelf and Merchandising standards
- Channel Pricing strategies
- Lead the communication of actionable insights in the organization through thought leadership analyses, sales materials, reporting, and executive summaries.
- Support customer sales calls by serving as the category expert, delivering insights and recommendations to support customer, category, and brand initiatives.
- Work with the Sales Analyst on all shelf analyses and planogram development recommendations. Maintain an accurate and current product and image library for use within the Space Planning software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-8 years of experience in the CPG industry
- 3+ years in a Category Management
- 4+ years in Customer facing role
- Syndicated data experience is required (IRI, Nielsen, Numerator)
- Space Planning software experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of Category Management practices and tools
- Experience analyzing multiple data sets including POS, panel and promo data
- Able to analyze data and “create the story” to solve business issues
- Experience integrating consumer and shopper insights into sales presentations
- Understanding of different Channel/Customer strategies
- Ability to negotiate and influence across multiple functions and levels within organization
- A focus on accuracy, efficiency and knowledge-building
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $74,700-$112,100 Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More