Dip Machine Operator (7 PM- 7 AM) $19.12 per hour with shift diff)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Maintain and Monitor the condom dipping process to ensure consistent production of a top quality latex condom.
RESPONSIBILITIES: *denotes essential job functions
- *(1) Maintain entire process within specifications as set and required by management, and immediately report deviations of specifications to supervisor.
- *(2) Acquire latex dipping skills by OJT in three to twelve months.
- (3) Identify and solve technical and process-related problems with a minimal amount of supervision. This involves harmonious teamwork.
- *(4) Make a complete inspection of dipping machine hourly and make adjustments as necessary.
- *(5) Check take-off for obstruction, clean tank for proper level, rinse tank for plugged nozzles, check for missing molds or hardware, tanks for skim or plugged agitator, roll-up for proper bead, or any build-up of latex. Also make sure belts are turning properly.
- *(6) Maintain weights, lengths, and ring gauges to specifications through hourly inspections. Perform water leak/cosmetic inspections hourly.
- *(7) Perform dip tank cleaning as required.
- *(8) Perform mold changes as required to meet production requirements.
- *(9) Keep complete, legible daily log sheets.
- *(10) Keep required down-time records accurately and current.
- (11) Perform preventative maintenance duties as required.
- *(12) Maintain a clean and safe work area. Must comply with all safety procedures related to job assignments.
- (13) Cross-train Utility Operator and Tumbler Operator.
- (14) Understand how to use information provided by QC to maintain or improve quality.
- (15) Report all accidents, near misses, or unsafe conditions immediately to the Supervisor.
- (16) Report all equipment malfunctions immediately to the Supervisor
- (17) Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
High school graduate or equivalent.
Good verbal, math and writing skills mandatory.
Basic Arithmetic skills in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, and decimals without a calculator.
EXPERIENCE: MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Prior industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
Must be able to read, write, and do general math at the high school level. Good verbal skills are mandatory.
Ability to operate a fork lift a plus.
SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT USED:
May require to operate forklifts occasionally and operate air pumps.
Must be able to wear a respirator.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More