Manufacturing Engineer Trainee VV
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under a manager’s supervision, incumbent will be responsible for providing technical, operational, and project support for a manufacturing and packaging facility. Assignments to this role will include cost reduction projects, capital projects, lean initiatives, continuous improvement projects, safety projects, sustainability projects and general engineering projects. There will also be general assignments focused on engineering support which aligns with a safe, efficient and productive work environment at Church and Dwight. Other aspects of the position involve networking and communicating with site management and teams, high-level skill development training, and direct interaction with the facility and its operators.
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities: (* Denotes essential function)
- 6-8-month rotational assignments through various functions at the site over the course of 18-24-month period, supporting project work as assigned.
- Work with higher-level managers to develop critical leadership skills for later career growth. Work with mentors in various fields of work, including but not limited to engineering, site maintenance, operations, continuous improvement, quality, environmental health and safety, lean practices, and savings.
- Ensure that all tasks/projects are performed according to safety, quality and regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for planning and executing improvement activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Applies engineering fundamentals to assigned tasks including but not limited to problem solving, root-cause analysis, reading and updating process flow diagrams, material balances and basic unit operations.
- Supports culture of continuous improvement. Incorporate/use principles and techniques of lean manufacturing, such as 5S, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) elements, etc. during project completion.
- Attends and actively participates in team, plant and project meetings.
- Provides timely and effective communication of project activities and progress to supervision.
- Manages time and prioritizes project loads to complete assigned projects.
- Provides process support and assists in troubleshooting, process issues in operations, maintenance and packaging as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Experience, Competencies & Skills: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar field
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Relevant internship or other related work will also be considered.
- Previous project work demonstrating ability to work as a part of a team and complete projects on time and within constraints.
- Demonstrated effective communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated leadership skills a plus.
- Prior work experience demonstrating ability to meet schedules and demonstrate reliability a plus.
Competencies & Skills Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- CAD experience is a plus AutoCAD / SolidWorks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems at a high level.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
Work Environment and Expectations
Technical Engineering Manager
Typically, 5 days per week 8 hours per day, however, schedule is subject to change and may require extended work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Work routinely requires sitting, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching with hands and arms. Requires working on computer. Significant time on manufacturing floor and around equipment.
May be required to balance multiple priorities and activities at any time.
· Regular attendance · Self-motivated · Alert and aware
· Dependable · Attentive to detail · Maintains work area
· Safety minded · Digitally Savvy · Prioritize tasks appropriately
Computers, printers, copy machines, labelers, phones, cameras, microphones, speakers, radios, rulers, general hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches), pen/pencil, meters
Work is performed in a fast pace work environment with frequent changes in workload, work schedule, and work location. Work is performed primarily indoors.
This position description is intended for position evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth a full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of dual testing methods: hair sample testing and a 10 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment. PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More