Shift Supervisor, QC Lab - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Oversees the day to day activities of the lab
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day to day activities of the lab including testing, scheduling, calibration, sample receipt, inventory, ordering, training, etc.
- Provides input for performance reviews.
- Approves and processes time off requests for lab personnel.
- Monitors employee performance and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Performs root cause analysis of any analytical failures.
- Investigates instrument issues and works with instrument vendors as necessary to solve and implement solutions.
- Initiates change requests for method or process updates and provides supporting documentation.
- Provides regular updates to QA on the status of in process testing and expected due dates.
- Reports any IT related issues.
- Initiates, Oversees, and Maintains LEAN activities in the lab.
- Performs secondary review of any OOS results.
- Performs and Reviews OOS investigations to determine root cause of OOS results.
- Initiates, Evaluates, Investigates, and Approves quality events in Agile.
- Assists in the review of MSDS for chemicals used in the laboratory.
- Ensures lab staff are properly trained to perform their job function.
- Maintains document control of laboratory forms and methods.
- Performs secondary review of raw data and verify results in LIMS.
- Assists the Department Supervisor in obtaining quotes for new equipment.
- Works with the Department Supervisor to improve methodologies to increase efficiency and decrease turnaround times for testing.
- Communicates down time in the lab to appropriate personnel. Shares the circumstances, the action plan, the timeline and the impact on workload.
- Assists Department Supervisor with internal and 3rd party audits.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by the Department Supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (higher degree preferred) in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, or other related field plus 5 years’ experience, preferably in the food industry. Supervisory skills required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, materials and procedures, and the fundamental laboratory methods related to chemistry, wet chemistry and microbiology.
- Experience performing standardized tests according to prescribed procedures and calculating/recording test results.
- Experience troubleshooting typical lab instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, LCMS, and ICPMS.
- Familiarity with Federal regulations included in 21 CFR Part 111 and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Equipment: HPLC; UHPLC; ICPMS; GC; LCMS; IC; FTIR; NIR; UV-Vis; fume hood; other laboratory instruments and equipment; computer; printer; copier/scanner; telephone.
- Job specific: laboratory methods/procedures; set up and operation of laboratory instruments and equipment; chemical use and disposal procedures; Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; computer functions and entry; completing paperwork and routing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical laboratory work environment.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard laboratory setting and to use standard laboratory equipment, including a computer.
- Must possess stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions.
- Must possess strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must possess vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Must be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More