Manufacturing Engineer III at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer III
Department: 014 COH Outsourcing
- Provides technical support of manufacturing/production operations in Overseas Operations. In particular, Consumer Durable Goods primarily consisting of plastic component assembly.
- Provides team facilitation as well as detailed manufacturing engineering functions related to standard costing, tooling, assembly, capital etc.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports the Overseas production team to ensure all equipment is operational and help trouble shoot day-to-day functions.
- Coordinates supply chain activities as well as facility and line layout with the production planning and production team.
- Helps develop the Product Quality Plan for all COH/SH product lines at all Waterpik manufacturing facilities
- Performs project management activities such as scheduling of manufacturing team activities and deliverables, product costing and manufacturing capital requirements.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop and maintain procedures and forms in support of assembly and testing processes.
- Provide input for process improvement teams as needed.
- Provide input for Corrective Action teams/investigations as required.
- Document and submit Engineering Change Requests as needed.
- Support introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Collaborate with design engineering in the design/development of new products primarily in plastic component assembly.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Develop quality requirements for suppliers in order to ensure incoming controls meet requirements in support of quality and on time delivery performance.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of manufacturing fixtures and equipment owned by Water Pik at each suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts all activities in a manner that is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
- Conducts all business activities in a manner consistent with the guiding principles and business practices contained in the Ethics code.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical capability to include design for manufacturing, assembly line, testing, ultrasonic welding, a familiar understanding of PCBA and lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Must be an organized self-starter with very strong decision-making ability. Must have a strong persistence to debate and challenge the cross-functional environment for the above described duties and responsibilities. Must possess effective interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing engineering, production, product development, supply chain management and quality management.
- No specific training is required
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Some travel is required in this position domestically and abroad. (Approximately 10% - 15% travel may be required.)
Reporting Relationship: Principal Engineer (AME)
Supervisory Duties: None
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $83,500 - $125,300 Annual Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More