Credit Control Assistant
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We are recruiting for a Credit Control Assistant on a fixed term basis (12 months) to support our Finance Department based at our Corporate Office in Folkestone, Kent.
Regular duties include:
- Allocation to Sales Ledger of payments received from clients by both cheque and electronic payment & Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Recording of cheques received and preparation of documentation relating to banking of cheques.
- Obtaining customer credit / debit notes.
- Responding to queries concerning Accounts Receivable (e.g. satisfying requests for copy invoices / passing queries concerning price and short delivery to Sales Department after recording those queries on a spreadsheet, then keeping track of those queries up to resolution.
- Issue of Monthly customer Statements
- Production of credit notes and invoices relating to items other than sale of goods
- Chasing debt via telephone/email (referring difficult cases to Credit Manager)
- Assist in the preparation of schedule of Promotional Accruals
- Assist in the Cover for Credit Control Manager when he is absent from office
- Reconciliation of customer cash discounts
- Assist in credit limit and credit term changes when required.
- General filing of correspondence
You will be required to work a 37-hour week, Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm and Friday 9am - 4.30pm.
In return we offer a competitive package, including 24 days annual leave, a pension matched up to 9%, discretionary annual bonus and membership of a health cash plan.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More