A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Technology Architect is responsible for developing and aligning business goals and IT initiatives across the enterprise. The position will partner with business sponsors, IT solution architects, data analytics and security groups to define technology choices, enterprise architecture integration, costs, and trade-offs.
The Technology Architect defines the holistic view and roadmap of the company’s technology capabilities and enabling solutions, strategy, and processes to ensure the proposed technical solutions align with the company’s overall objectives. The role will provide input to planning, delivery and strategic initiatives that drive business value. The position requires an understanding of the business and technical aspects of Church & Dwight, both domestic and international.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Partner with the IT architecture team in developing an IT framework that aligns with the business requirements
- Define technologies that are reusable and shared between business units
- Maintain up-to-date architecture models and help Church & Dwight establish a true Enterprise Architecture program
- Proactively collaborates with Solution Architects, information security, business process architects, product owners, and business strategists to design and communicate an innovative, secure, and cost-effective architecture that enables continuous delivery of business value
- Performs acquisition due diligence related to architecture fit & participates in post-deal integration planning
- Analyzes technical debt and identifies proactive solutions to manage and reduce technical debt
- Ensures that comprehensive & current architecture models are maintained within domains, guiding the integration of application, data, business, and technology architecture components
- Builds C&D’s knowledge of industry technology direction by researching technology trends and evaluating options and implications of these trends on enterprise architecture; guides opportunities for technology evaluations and selectively participates in evaluations and prototyping
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, OR equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of proven experience across multiple technologies with well-rounded background in delivering infrastructure, applications and architecture services in large-scale, complex environment, including experience in business analysis, process design, applications, software, databases, middleware, and solution delivery
- Consumer Products Industry experience and experience with FDA regulated products
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Experience with enterprise ERP and product life cycle management technologies
- Experience driving effective collaboration and coordinating the development of process, architectural standards and road maps
- 5+ years of experience in Solution Architecture or Business Architect (preferred)
- Enterprise Architecture certified or equivalent experience using industry standards such as TOGAF or Zachman (preferred)
- Proven experience in application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizing process complexity (preferred)
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure, cloud, network architecture, SaaS integration and related technologies
- Direct work with Azure, O365, API management (required), other cloud services (preferred)
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to quickly learn, assess new technologies, frameworks, and tools
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Broad technical experience across different technology platforms, operating systems, application architectures and operations tools
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization and influence others to move toward consensus
- Demonstrate a business-focused mentality with broad awareness of technology and data platforms
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Strategic & Analytical Thinking
- Dealing with Complexity
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More