Sr. Principal Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provide leadership and technical expertise in the design/engineering/development and commercialization of engineered oral care products.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage product research and development from concept to launch, transfer technologies to manufacturing sites, and provide technical support for production start-ups and new product launches for existing brand maintenance and improvement, and global manufacturing operations with both internal and external partners to maintain quality and integrity of existing products.
- Lead cross functional technical group by managing workload, daily project related activities, schedule adherence, and work prioritization.
- Supervise and mentor group members and engage in people development activities.
- Develop and manage an R&D portfolio to support the business including clinical and claims substantiation.
- Assist in budgeting activities and long-term strategic planning efforts.
- Liaise with other R&D functions, marketing, operations, legal, and other functions in support of the SBU.
- Represent C&D at external meetings and professional organizations as needed.
- Responsible for adherence and following established SOP’s and policies of FDA requirements and Global MDSAP, the development and implementation of documentation supporting R&D activities including project reports, Design History Files, SDSs and product specifications as required.
- Other business projects as assigned
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials/Biochemical Engineering or related disciplines, with 15+ years of laboratory/industrial experience, or a Ph. D/M.S. with 12+ years experience. Preferably, possess 7+ years of supervisory or management experience. An associate degree in engineering with 20+ relevant work-related experience is acceptable. Experience with OTC/medical device development requirements a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to lead engineering group effectively to support the business.
- Ability to lead projects independently and work with others to achieve results.
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff, engage in people development and possess good self-awareness.
- Ability to strategically plan to support business needs and implement steps accordingly.
- Ability to be visionary including developing a plan long vision to grow and support the business.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects. Demonstrated strong organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage large workloads at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work or lead in a cross-functional environment involving marketing, processing, packaging, analytical, safety and clinical regulatory, etc.
- Very good oral and written skills.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More