A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Maximize the output of high Quality product in a safe and efficient manor from whatever machines the Mechanic is assigned, to improve the operation whenever possible, and achieve established production requirements.
- Comply with all Plant Safety, GMP, ISO, OSHA procedures, and other programs.
- Maximize machine availability by performing proactive inspection, predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain and improve upon established Quality, Maintenance and Production standards.
- Make necessary adjustments to keep machinery and equipment operating during scheduled production runs.
- Lead or assist changeovers, repairs, machine cleaning and upgrades, etc.
- Assist other mechanics and/or outside contractors during large scale repairs, troubleshooting and shutdowns.
- Notifies Production and Maintenance Supervisors of any problems and improvement opportunities.
- Assists and trains other maintenance personnel as required.
- Performs all maintenance tasks required within their grade level.
- Executes assigned Work Orders.
- Acquire license to operate fork truck, man lift or other equipment.
- Move to the production department all approved and correct materials to be used in the production process.
- Loads approved materials into appropriate machines and replenish components.
- Move finished products and components to designated storage areas.
- Assist the Supervisor(s) in preparing daily work scheduling and parts purchasing as necessary.
- Complete appropriate documentation & logbook entries as required.
- Assist the Supervisor(s) in preparing Maintenance History Records and other documentation as needed.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor(s).
- Comply with all Plant rules and regulations.
EDUCATION: MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Technical degree/accreditation preferred.
Journeyman’s card in a specialized trade is a plus.
Basic Arithmetic skills in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, and decimals without a calculator, practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions, logarithms, slide rule, practical algebra, geometric constructions, and essentials of trigonometry.
EXPERIENCE: MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
At least 5-7 years’ experience related to this position in high speed manufacturing such as in the pharmaceutical, consumer products, food and/or medical device industry.
Must be able to follow instructions and exercise good judgment.
Be able to use Fork trucks, electrical and/or hand trucks and all equipment safely.
Must have mechanical aptitude and understand machinery operation.
Must be able to use tools. Prefer knowledge & ability to use machine shop equipment.
Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to read, understand, and fabricate from basic sketches/drawings and be able to read electrical and mechanical drawings.
Must be able to work with machine operators, mechanics, contractors and/or vendors.
Must be a team player and work well with others.
Must have a positive attitude.
SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT USED:
Hand tools, Voltmeter, power tools, measurement instruments & gauges, computer
Fork truck, etc.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More