A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Manufacturing Supervisor provides leadership, development of junior leadership team, training and coordination skills to the plant operations teams. Works to develop, implement, and maintain SOPs and measures regarding changeovers, fill weight management, cross training and new employee development. Responsible for standardizing productivity, operations processes (shift change, TPM, new employee or ongoing training), sustainability and controlling conversion costs through labor standardization and OEE monitoring/improvements.
- Responsible for daily operations; providing leadership, focus and direction to the operations team.
- Lead daily start up meetings communicating production requirements for the day and the OEE standards past and present.
- Organizes and plans labor needs such as quantity of temps needed, vacation coverage and overtime. Focuses on managing labor to standard.
- Implement and maintain 5s and lean manufacturing processes, through Gemba walks, and periodic Kaizen events.
- Insures employees receive proper training (Safety, operations, housekeeping). Performs follow-up meetings with employees throughout the training process.
- Works with HR and Plant leadership team to attain long term development and career growth of operations personnel.
- Leads operating teams in the execution of the more operational aspects of the TPM program.
- Does periodic audits on the operations processes and provides analysis of operations to support initiatives or areas of opportunity.
- Leads operating teams in problem solving and short-term business issues. Takes part in periodic meetings to discuss long term strategic planning.
- Works to standardize operating processes such as changeovers, start ups and shut downs.
- Implements cost control systems in areas such as waste, repair and maintenance, supplies and labor.
- Ensures all hourly employees’ time is properly recorded in the payroll system.
- Develops and follows leader standard work.
- Ensures plant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Works closely with the Human Resource Department to perform interviews and give input in the hiring process.
- Performs all new hire 30-60-90-day reviews and develop new hire training schedule/deadlines.
- Follows and implements manufacturing discipline and holds direct reports accountable.
- Handles employee disciplinary issues utilizing proper conflict resolution techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Lean experience helpful.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Able to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and most office equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented.
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory / lead experience in a manufacturing or environment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More