Quality Inspector, Associate Quality Engineer
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
Provides direction and inspection for multiple product lines located at Waterpik manufacturing site Vietnam, in regards to maintaining and tracking quality products. Perform audit and FG final inspections to assure and improve the quality of materials and products for Water Pik, Inc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements incoming, molding part audit and drafts audit report.
- Implements FG shipment inspection and drafts FG final inspection report.
- Visit to sub-suppliers and perform audit as assigned.
- Performs PQP audit to ensure manufacturing process follow Waterpik established quality processes and procedures.
- Drafts monthly quality statistical report, objective and planning.
- Monitors and verifies supplier corrective actions.
- Assists investigation of root causes of product-related customer complaints.
- Check and verify of new or modified assembly process, inspection/testing equipment, gage, fixture and method.
- Monitors and witnesses material scrap, disposition of nonconforming materials and products.
- Monitors ECO (Engineering Change Order) implementation.
- Accomplishes related special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all activities in a manner that is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
- Conducts all business activities in a manner consistent with the guiding principles and business practices contained in the Ethics code.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Travel:
- Good English reading and writing skill, fluent English or Chinese speaking.
- Careful, conscientious, strong learning ability.
- Standard quality and statistical methods such as QC 7 tools, SPC, problem solving methods, sampling methods, QMS.
- Effective communication, conflict management and team effectiveness.
- Honest, independent and self-initiative.
- Heathy and able to travel as need.
- Familiar with the production processes associated with assembly and plastic molding.
- This position primarily serves our contract manufactures in Southeast Asia. Because of this there will be 50% travel requirements at least.
- A valid Passport is required as well as the ability to travel throughout Southeast Asia
Training & Education Requirements:
College or above, major in Engineering, Quality, Sciences or approved equivalent.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Operations Manager China. Works closely with China/Fort Collins Quality Engineer.
Supervisory Duties: None.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More