Method Development Chemist - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision, assists and performs specialized and routine laboratory examinations and procedures, performs related work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Follows standard operating procedures, company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Develop new methods for analyzing and quantifying vitamins and contaminants
- Perform method validations; write validation protocols and reports
- Investigate and implement method changes to improve testing accuracy, precision and method efficiency
- Assist instrument vendors in the installation and qualification of new instruments
- Evaluate new formulations and raw materials for method appropriateness
- Perform non routine long term projects as assigned
- Create and execute projects and associated work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Complete projects in a timely manner and report updates on a regular basis
- Regularly review and evaluate current scientific literature for the most up-to-date methods on analyses of vitamins, minerals and contaminants, with a special emphasis on HPLC, LCMS, GC, IC and ICPMS methods.
- Establish and maintain a continuing relationship with instrument manufacturers for the maintenance and technical advice for the operation of analytical instrumentation.
- Develop a familiarity and a working knowledge of the components and characteristics of products and ingredients of gummy vitamin products
- Perform complex and non routine instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Prepare reports and summarize large amounts of data using Excel, instrument software and LIMS.
- Act as a backup for routine testing of samples for HPLC, GC, LCMS or ICPMS. Work with the lab supervisor to determine priority of samples.
- Use Good Laboratory Practices and Good Documentation Practices in all laboratory activities
- Properly handle and dispose oflaboratory hazardous waste.
- Shared responsibility for identifying general laboratory needs including maintenance, cleaning, ordering, monitoring supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or closely related discipline, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job.
- At least two years of experience using an HPLC, GC, LCMS or ICPMS system.
- Experience developing and validating scientific methods.
- Experience quantifying vitamin content in gelatin based matrices following standard procedures and testing methods, specifically using HPLC, GC, ICPMS, LCMS or wet chemistry methods is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge oflaboratory terminology, equipment, materials, and the techniques/procedures commonly used in the analysis of food and related products.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must possess a solid understanding of statistics and analysis of variance.
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess good communications skills, both written and verbal.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More