Maintenance Planner - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Planner at our Vancouver, WA manufacturing plant! This position completes the daily planning of all maintenance work to support the production requirements of the plant; has a direct impact on our Customers; is an important contributor to the production of a quality product; and requires the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of departments, teams, and individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Prioritizes, plans, schedules, and assigns preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, and work orders to the manufacturing maintenance tech group.
- Reviews outstanding work orders weekly and priorities daily.
- Determines feasibility of work orders and receives approval to pursue.
- Coordinates equipment availability with operations team for all requested maintenance work.
- Assists the MRO parts team in the kitting process to insure all tools, parts, and documentation is available.
- Estimates maintenance labor hours and materials needed to complete work orders then prioritizes the work to be completed.
- Prepares requisitions and allocates material to work orders.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Technicians and Production Supervisors on a continuous basis to ensure that the scheduled work is being completed and documented on a timely basis.
- Work Order development and tracking using database systems.
- Manages contractors and applicable contractor documentation, training, etc.
- Insures all invoices are received following completion of contractor work.
- Documents and provides Maintenance Technician labor hours to Maintenance Supervisor and Technical Manager.
- Assists the engineering group on engineering studies and projects.
- Works with engineering, maintenance, and any additional pertinent plant staff to set and meet plant goals and objectives.
- Recommends new projects and cost reductions.
- Participates in reducing plant equipment downtime and planning corrective actions.
- Learns the SAP PM system and assists in developing training measures.
- Creates POs in PNET for all maintenance repairs performed by contractors.
- Performs additional related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment performing maintenance planning activities, maintenance, and/or engineering functions or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in maintenance planning utilizing SAP PM & MM modules is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in PLCs, process control systems, VFDs, servos, motors, and actuators.
- Knowledge in pneumatics, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect problems, repair, and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance; wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire; perform moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift; lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds; perform work onsite; and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More