Manager, IT Quality Assurance
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Manager, IT Quality Assurance
Job Grade: 29
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Project Management Office and M&A Integration
This position will help define and deliver a quality assurance (QA) strategy across the IT organization and build the related QA capability. This will be a dynamic role involving process management, collaborating with IT Teams and external partners, developing IT Quality roadmap, establishing best practices for testing, and incorporating agility in Quality process.
This individual will be responsible for providing Quality Assurance leadership and support as the IT Quality liaison for computerized system regulatory assessments, validation, change control, process improvements and compliance governance at all applicable points of the Solution Delivery Life Cycle and help facilitate an environment for inspection readiness. The individual in this role will interface with a diverse set of departments including IT, Site Based Quality Control, Manufacturing, Automation and Validation groups. The individual will drive IT compliance and data integrity culture in partnership with the sites.
Working with the internal and external partners, the individual in this position will create guidelines for unit testing, end-to-end testing, UI and API test frameworks, and balance automated test creation with manual testing as needed. Additionally, the individual will focus on ensuring consistent policy administration, implement key improvement initiatives and solve compliance issues in partnership with business owners
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee, manage and coordinate activities of the Software Quality Assurance Test Leads and work closely with the Application Development, Data Architecture, Project Management, Security, Infrastructure, Global Quality and third-party vendor teams to ensure quality delivery
- Create and manage to detail plans to drive organization maturity I Quality/Testing capability
- Align with industry standards to manage and support the maturation of the following capabilities: Manual Test Planning & Execution, Automation Planning & Execution and Load Test Planning & Execution
- Develops and supports new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools to continuously improve test coverage through both manual and automated processes
- Ensures sufficient test and resource coverage; mains futuristic resource plan based on IT portfolio and other sources of work input
- Hands-on in developing of comprehensive test strategies based on application architecture and business functions
- Implements frameworks and processes to facilitate test plan creation and execution for new enhancements and regression testing
- Promotes methodologies such as TDD and BDD to create repeatable re-usable processes
- Manage and improve development of automated test cases to increase reliability, predictability, and manageability of deployed solutions
- Develops a plan to support all non-functional testing requirements including load and performance, security vulnerability testing etc.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in the Change Management process including risk assessments during system implementations.
- Employ risk-based methodology, where feasible and achievable
- Provide support in other quality system related activities including quality exceptions, audits, regulatory inspections and change control
- Drive consistency in usage of templates for testing artifacts including test plans, test cases, test execution, and summary reports to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards
- Manage diverse teams based in the US and collaborate effectively with geographically distributed teams internal and external
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience is required
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of testing/ Quality assurance experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing automated testing practices
- Experience in vendor management
- Knowledge of the IT system development life cycle and software quality assurance in a regulated environment
- Experience working in regulated environment (SOX, GDPR, CCPA, FDA) is preferred
- Experience in supporting a maturing organization
- Experience in the CPG industry is preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges from an enterprise perspective.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management
- In-depth knowledge of implementing the following capabilities: Automaton Testing, Load Testing, SQA Testing Process and Test Data Management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solid understanding of GxP guidance, including 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11 and data integrity experience with system validation across GxP landscape, specifically GMP applications
- Proficiency in testing tools (HPQC/TFS)
- Ability to manage personal and team time effectively
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- HR New Hire On-Boarding
- Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Solution Delivery Life Cycle
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More