Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision , supervises manufacturing/production activities and assists Department Supervisor in coordinating the processing of materials and/or products in the manufacturing facility. Supervises production employees and monitors production output and quality of products. Assures products meet quality and delivery requirements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in cooking, forming, coating, and packing candy.
- Trains workers in setting up and operating machines, such as the cooker, depositors, mogul, and weigher/bagger
- Inspects candy to verify specified size, shape, solidification, gloss, and weight
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates activities to ensure deadlines are met and quality of products meets specifications.
- Ensures machines and equipment are inspected to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensures all tasks are performed according to safety procedures and regulations.
- May compile, store, and retrieve manufacturing/production data using computer.
- Perfonns other related duties as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
College degree plus 2 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Knowledge of production procedures and documentation requirements.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More