A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Chemist/Scientist
Department: R&D, Global Health & Well-Being
Reports To: Senior Research Manager or Sr. Research Chemist/Scientist
The Chemist/ Scientist carries out technical assignments focused on the development and improvement of new and existing diagnostic products. The individual has the ability to work on a project independently by performing various laboratory activities, device testing, analyzing data, drawing conclusions and recommending the next steps. He/she supports all stages of the product development process including but not limited to prototype development, performance testing, consumer testing, scale-up and specifications. The individual collaborates and works in a cross-functional team environment.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Design and develop experiments, formulas, processes, and methods independently in laboratory, pilot or manufacturing plant.
- Perform standard and nonstandard testing procedures. Collect and analyze data, draw conclusion, and report results.
- Prepare products and relevant documentation for consumer/clinical studies.
- Write project reports, procedures and create specifications.
- Perform technical transfer to bring new products to production.
- Prepare, assemble and maintain Design History File, Bundle Book and other relevant documentation to support new product launch. Conduct design reviews and prepare documentation for regulatory filing.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS from an accredited institution on Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or other related fields. 2+ years working experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work on a project independently
- Demonstrated skills to carry out technical assignments, analyze data, and report results.
- Familiarity with relevant design control and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific results.
- Computer proficiency.
- Attention to detail and Good Documentation Practices.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More