Plant HR Business Partner
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position Overview: Human Resource Business Partner – Mason City and Oskaloosa, IA
Manage the Organization’s workforce or human resources at two plants in Mason City, IA and one plant in Oskaloosa, IA. Responsible for the attraction, selection, and rewarding of employees, while overseeing organizational leadership and culture, and ensuring compliance with employment and labor laws in all three plants.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Understands all process’ related to food safety requirements and demonstrates a commitment to feed safety by ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
- Maintains affirmative action program
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; monitors career pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media, verbal, and written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills, detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and multitask in a fast-paced environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and ability to use most office equipment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Office Suite products and HRIS such as Workday.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years management experience required
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More